Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Wide Awake


I just began reading this new book called "Wide Awake" and as I was reading through just the few chapters that I have read so far, I actually sat back and re-evaluated my life. The book talks about our dreams that we have, and that many of us struggle to find a dream that doesn't turn out to be a disaster. It talks about how sometimes when our dreams come true, that they are nothing like we thought them to be, and even though we thought that this was the life we always wanted, the life that we would kill for, sometimes gets turned and almost kills us. The book talks a little bit about how the fight sometimes isn't just between good and evil, but between less and more. I have asked myself this many times, "could I have given more" It is so easy to fall into the trap of being content in this world. The world needs us at our best, because this world is made better or worse by the people we choose to become. Sometimes in my life, I have thought, "Is this what God really wants me to be?" I could bet my life savings that all of us have been there at some time in our life. Are we living a life worth living for? Are we living wide awake to what God has in store for us? If we're not, we need to be, because there is so much to be done, there is so many people that need help. If there is that little bit of sadness that greets you in the morning, then maybe you're not doing what you are supposed to be doing. Wake up, and become the hero that is in all of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment