Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Put a lid on it


Being married now for almost 4 years has really taught me a lot about myself, other people and how important communication is in life. I cannot even begin to tell you how many times I have not communicated something to Rachel and as a result, making myself look pretty stupid. Communication is important, BUT one thing that I think we over look or forget is the power of remaining silent. (If only I could have learned that principal during my first few years of marriage.) I think all of us can relate in some way shape or form.

Proverbs
17:28 "Even fools are thought wise if they keep silent, and discerning if they hold their tongues"

There is power in words, and that has been something that I have had to learn in just my few years in marriage and in youth ministry. So many times I have been put in situations where I have wanted to spout off at the mouth, but there is that little voice inside that is always saying, "don't say that, you'll regret that." I have seen in many cases people saying things that they wish they would have never said. As a result, relationships have been ruined, and feelings have been hurt that could have been avoided if we simply would have kept our quiet.

No comments:

Post a Comment