Tuesday, August 31, 2010

GOD LOVES OUR DIRT


As I was reading in Genesis this past week, I came across a verse that I have over looked for so many years, and have never really thought about. In Genesis chapter 2:7 it says, "the Lord God formed the man from the dust of the ground and breathed into his nostrils the breathe of life, and the man became a living being." For some reason that verse did not just sit right with me. I was like, "God, you made the heavens and the earth, and are preparing a place for us where we 'walk' on streets of gold. Why would you take just a pile of dirt and make us? If you were to have a garage sale for instance, and have a pound of dirt, and a pound of gold, which one would you think has more value? Yet God chose to make us from dirt.
For me, I personally love being dirty, but my wife Rachel hates being dirty. She's always yelling at me saying, "wear shoes you dufus, or take a shower before you go to bed." We are always washing ourselves and cleaning our house and afraid that something might get dirty.
As I was getting a little upset with this passage, I just started to laugh, because God was like, "Jordan, you cant grow anything in gold so shut up!" As I began to think about it more and more, God loves us so much that he made us of dirt. We all fall short, and make mistakes in our lives. Some of us have had a horrible life so far, some of us may be living in lies or have addictions and struggles that nobody knows about. In other words, each and everyone of us have DIRT. But inside all of that dirt, each one of us has a seed waiting to grow. GOD LOVES OUR DIRT. We all have a chance to grow into the person that God has created us to be, and it doesn't matter that we have dirt, and because of dirt, we have LIFE.

1 comment:

  1. Hilarious that it took you that long to figure that out about dirt!! LOL. Great message. Love your blog brother. Keep this up. I can see this being a devotional for me if the format is always similar. I have to keep reading!! Love ya.

    ReplyDelete