Friday, June 10, 2011

Childlike Faith


John 14:12-14 says, 12 I tell you the truth, anyone who has faith in me will do what I have been doing. He will do even greater things than these, because I am going to the Father. 13 And I will do whatever you ask in my name, so that the Son may bring glory to the Father. 14 You may ask me for anything in my name, and I will do it.

Now I've heard this passage many times before, but there is something so profound that really hit me today as I was reading this passage of scripture. Jesus says that anyone who has faith in Him will do even greater things then what He did here on earth. WHAT? How could that even be possible! I mean Jesus raised the dead, He made the blind see, He told the lame to walk, He walked on water, He told the waters to calm, He healed blood diseases, healed the deaf, He healed lepers and fed thousands of people with just a few loaves of bread and a couple of sardines (Just to name a few). If you want my personal opinion, that's pretty amazing, yet in John 21:25 it says, 25 Jesus did many other things as well. If every one of them were written down, I suppose that even the whole world would not have room for the books that would be written. That's awesome but Jesus himself says, "Even greater things you will do, if you have faith in me!"

I ask myself this question, "would I be able to handle all of these miraculous things that Jesus performed today?" I mean think about it! What if you were at a funeral, and you're sitting in the front row and as the pastor is doing the sermon, all of sudden grandma Louis sits up from the coffin and walks out the door! I think all of us (including myself) would probably freak out and probably some of us would meet our LORD a little bit quicker as we would all be falling out of our chairs from heart attacks. But Jesus says, "Even greater you will do!"

I believe that God is waiting for and wanting us to have faith like a child, and He wants us to bring glory to His name, but are you ready? Are you willing? Do you actually BELIEVE in His word? That you can ask for anything in Jesus' name and He will do it!

My prayer today in my life, and for yours is that we have childlike faith and just believe in Him and to know that even greater things are yet to come. "God you must increase, I must decrease."

No comments:

Post a Comment